I want to re-highlight the benefits of STRENGTH TRAINING especially for women.
Yes, please hit the Physical Activity guidelines of 150 mins moderate / or 75 mins vigorous aerobic activity (cardio) a week. But in addition Strength Train on >2 days a week to maintain and strengthen muscles bones & joints, burn fat & build lean muscle, as well as improve balance. 🏋🏾♂️
* Is KEY to LOSING FAT! For fat loss, it’s simple, you need to burn off more calories than you consume on a day-to-day basis. Weight training builds muscle ➡️as lean muscle increases⬆️, so does metabolism⬆️. A higher metabolism means you will burn more calories all day long. (Yes, you can actually eat more without gaining body fat!)
* It’s more effective than cardio!
* Gain strength WITHOUT BULKING. It’s basic biology, women simply don’t have the testosterone like men. With the right training you’ll look more defined, toned, leaner and sculpted.
* Increases bone density & decreases risk of osteoporosis.
* You start losing muscle mass (sarcopenia) >20, but after 35 you lose between 0.5-1% of muscle mass every year, unless you engage in regular resistance training (2-5x per week).
* When you hit the MENOPAUSE, the rate you lose muscle mass increases substantially (up to 20%), in addition to the changes in metabolism and common weight gain around waist and buttocks.
* By doing functional movements like squats, lunges and deadlifts, helps women stay INDEPENDENT & active longer.
* It improves your POSTURE and REDUCES BACK PAIN – trust me! It helps with INJURY PREVENTION as muscle mass is critical to move and function properly.
* It boosts your confidence! I feel so empowered when I cross the imaginary boundary in the gym and enter the male dominated weights area, don’t be scared ladies!
* You’ll never get bored (unlike cardio)
* It enhances your mood, reduces stress and makes you FEEL GOOD! Yes lifting progressively heavier results in more muscle mass & the lean toned defined look – but the real result is how it makes you feel!🙏
With the right weight training plan of progressive overload with perfect form, coupled with a sensible diet you will look long lean strong & defined rather than skinny fat! Embrace muscle building, you’ll never look back! Ladies Get Lifting!